Apple Watch has a lot of features that make it an essential part of a person’s daily life. It’s important to restart your watch if you experience any problems with it. Restarting your watch will help to fix any glitches and improve its functionality overall. So next time when you have trouble with your watch, be sure to restart it.
When Should You Restart or Force Restart Your Apple Watch?
Restarting or force restarting your Apple Watch is a common task for many users, and there are a few guidelines that can help you with the process. As with any device that relies on software, there are times when a forced restart is necessary in order to fix certain issues. Other times, a restart may be helpful in order to improve performance or fix minor bugs. It’s important to remember that forced restarts can cause data loss, so be sure to back up your information before proceeding.
Follow these Steps:
You have to remove your apple watch from charging because it’s not be able to restart while charging.
- Long press the power button until the three options appear on the screen: Emergency SOS, Medical ID, Power OFF.
- Swipe the Power OFF option to the right.
- You’ll know your Apple Watch has turned off when the screen is completely dark.
- Now long press the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
How to Force Restart Your Apple Watch?
If your Apple Watch is updating watch OS, don’t try to force restart. If you see the Apple logo and progress wheel, you’re getting an update. Also, only use force restart if your Apple Watch hasn’t responded to a normal restart. Because there is no option to reboot your Apple Watch, you must turn it off and on again.
Follow these Steps:
- Long press the Side Button and the Digital Crown for a few seconds.
- When the Apple logo appears on screen then release the button.
So now you understand how to restart your Apple Watch and how to force restart. Please contact Apple Support if your Apple Watch is still frozen! However, you should first attempt factory resetting your Apple Watch. After that, find out how to force restart your iPhone or iPad.