I love my iPhone, but sometimes it’s hard to keep up with the latest updates. Are you thinking about Why can’t I update my iPhone? If you’re having trouble updating your iPhone or iPad, here are some common reasons why and how to fix them.
Can’t update iPhone? Here is How to fix it
Check your iPhone’s Storage
- Check your iPhone’s storage.
- Delete apps to free up space.
- Delete photos and videos to free up space.
- Delete emails to free up space.
Turn Off Restrictions
- Turn on Restrictions.
- Go to Settings > General > Usage, Cellular Data and Battery.
Check for Network Outages
- Check your phone’s settings. If you’re experiencing an issue with your iPhone, it may be because of an out-of-date or incorrect network settings on the device itself.
- To check these, open up the Settings app and tap General > About.
- You’ll see that this information is listed there in order to help troubleshoot any issues that might arise from time to time with iPhones and iPads running iOS 11 or later operating systems (OSX 10.11+).
- Check for network outages in your area: If you live near a large city, then chances are good that there will be some kind of outage somewhere within its borders.
- If you’re traveling outside of town then you could still encounter some sort of technical difficulty due to poor connectivity between devices connected via Wi-Fi hubs.
Connect to a Trusted Wi-Fi Network
If you’re experiencing a failed update, check the internet connection. If it’s good and you still can’t download an update, try connecting to a trusted Wi-Fi network instead.
Read also > iPhone might not be connecting to Wi-Fi
Quit the App Store Update
If you’re having trouble updating your iPhone, try quitting the App Store Update.
You can do this by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store and tapping your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
Tap View Apple ID, then sign out from your account (a pop-up will ask if you want to do this).
Now sign back in again, then try updating again.
Sign in and out of the App Store
- Open the App Store.
- Sign in to the App Store.
- Sign out of the App Store.
- Try downloading the app again. If it still doesn’t work, try a different app (if there are any left).
Make sure you have enough memory
To update your iPhone you need to make sure you have enough memory and are connected to a good WiFi source.
- Check your storage: Make sure there’s enough room on the phone for an update. If there isn’t, it’ll tell you when it can’t install because of insufficient storage space.
- Turn off restrictions: Go into Settings > General > Restrictions and tap “Off” under each one that applies (e.g., “Location Services”).
- This will let apps like those found in Apple’s App Store run more smoothly while they’re being updated because they won’t be restricted by their native operating system or other programs on your device that may interfere with loading new software onto its hard drive at any given moment.
- If this method doesn’t work for whatever reason though then try restarting after making these changes first before trying anything else again; however keep in mind that this might not always work either so don’t give up hope just yet!
If these methods do not work either, then there might be something wrong with your device. You could take it into an Apple store or call them on their hotline (1-800-MY-APPLE) to troubleshoot further or get help directly from them if they’re not open at the time of your call.
The iPhone is an amazing device and it’s important to keep it updated. If you have any other questions about updating your iPhone or just want more information about how the process works, please leave a comment below.