The iPhone rings when someone calls, but it doesn’t vibrate or make any sound. Why? Welcome to the world of silent iPhones!
Here are few things to check why my iPhone won’t ring?
Check the ringer volume in Settings.
- Check the ringer volume in Settings.
- Go to Settings > Sounds > Ringtone and make sure it’s not set to zero. If you have muted rings, unmute them; if your iPhone is set to silent, press the home button or put on vibrate mode (if you have a silent phone).
Restart your iPhone or iPad.
This can sometimes help with resets that are stuck on a screen or app that won’t quit.
Check if Do Not Disturb is turned on.
If you’re still facing same issue with your iPhone ringing, try turning on Do Not Disturb. Open the Settings app and tap on Sounds & Haptics.
On this screen you can set a ringtone or use a notification sound to alert you when someone calls or texts you.
Also try turning Do Not Disturb on and off to see if it makes a difference. It can also make a difference if your phone is set to silent mode.
If that doesn’t work, then maybe it’s time to look into some other potential solutions for your issue!
Check if your phone is set to silent mode.
If you’re still having trouble, try:
- Turning off silent mode. If you’ve recently changed the volume of your iPhone and it’s not ringing anymore, then it’s possible that there is a setting for silent mode on the phone itself.
- To check this out, go into Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringtone and Vibration > Silent Mode (tap “Turn On/Off”). Make sure “Silent” is set to off; if it’s grayed out instead of white with an X through it (as shown below), then turn this feature on again by tapping its icon at the bottom right corner of your screen until all other options are grayed out except for “Silent.”
- Checking if your phone has been muted. Another thing to check would be whether or not your iPhone was muted when ringing: navigate through Control Center by swiping up from bottom edge of screen while holding down both buttons simultaneously – here’s how!
Check that your iPhone or iPad software is up to date.
You have an iPhone or iPad, it’s a good idea to make sure that your software is up to date. You can check for updates by going into Settings > General > Software Update.
If you’re using an iOS device without cellular data capabilities (for example, if you’re using an iPad with Wi-Fi only), try turning off Airplane mode and then restarting your device normally.
If this doesn’t help, try connecting your iPhone or iPad directly into a power source; this usually fixes any issues with its connection abilities.
So there you have it! That’s what we recommend to do if your iPhone won’t ring. The good news is that this is a pretty straightforward problem, and most of these solutions should work for you. If none of them do, though, don’t worry; just contact Apple support and they’ll help you get back on track with the best device possible!